Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It's a new dawn...It's a new day... it's a new year... and I'm feeling Good

2012 wasn't the best of years... it wasn't the worst of years either... it was a year for me dominated by the discovery of blocked arteries and finding myself not being able to be very active without a being totally exhausted after about 15 minutes and worrying that this was a precursor to a heart attack. Last summer I'd be playing with my kids in the lakes round Rotorua and after a while I just had to stop and get out. I walked withe a friend each week and would find that I had ti stop every ten minutes. It was rather embarrassing walking with my 15 year old son back from the movies one night and having to stop so many times. even in sight of our house.

But in October they put some stents in two of the most effected arteries and things have been looking up.

2013 dawned today, I've been on holiday a week and the work weariness has worn off. So today we went off to the wonderful beach just north of Auckland called Tawharanui. There wasn't much of a swell the occasional four footer would come rolling lazily through ( not big I know but Just big enough for a first time in in a long while). For the first time since the end of 2011 I felt energetic and alive. So I spent four hours body boarding in the surf... four hours. At the end I had to get out because I was exhausted. But that was after four hours of flippering. Not bad for someone who hasn't been exercising for a while. Not bad for someone who hasn't been swimming the 4 km a day they did a couple of years ago. It was a great day in God's great creation, with my great family and a wonderful hope filled way to start 2013... It's a new dawn... it's a new day... it's a new year... it's a new life... and I'm feeling good. Although to tell you the truth there are some muscles in my back and thighs and shoulders that might beg to differ... but I think even they may see this as a new dawn.

Thanks to all the people who have kept me and my family in their thoughts and their prayers over this period.

No comments:

Post a Comment