Monday, July 15, 2013

Our Father Is Waiting... A Song A Video The Reality Behind The Incarnation.


My friend's Malcolm Gordon and Jason Williamson have put together a wonderful song and video. Malcolm is a great musician and theologian and the song "Our Father Is Waiting" off his new Album "Into the Deep" (the link will take you to the iTunes store)  comes from a reflection on Jesus parable of the Prodigal Son. Jason Williamson is a talented film maker and his video for the song as well as being well crafted captures something of the profound nature of the song and the parable.

I've watched it a few times and while I'm not really a soft rock fan (my kids may disagree) the song and the  video speak to me. AS I was preparing to include it in a Sunday service here, it really twigged to me how the Malcolm and Jason's take on the prodigal son fit in with the incarnation itself.

I have been reduced to tears when I think of the Father in the parable, running to embrace his returning son, but as I watched the video and listened to the song, it clicked with me as I watched Malcolm's journey across New Zealand to be with his Family the amazing truth of the incarnation of Jesus Christ. The Journey of God's love for his children.

Thanks Malcolm and Jason.

No comments:

Post a Comment