Wednesday, June 18, 2014

A simple prayer in response to Hebrews 1:1-4

In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many different times in many different ways, but in these last days, he has spoken to us by his Son- Hebrew 1:1
I spent most of last week lost in the wonders of the seven statements the writer of Hebrews makes about Jesus in Hebrew 1:1-4... I was putting together a message for Sunday as part of a series in conjunction with our Church doing the E100 essential Jesus Bible reading challenge... The focus was that God had spoken... God had revealed God's self to us, through scripture and 'in these last days' in the son. Because the son is the exact representation of God, has been God's agent in his cosmic action, in creation, providence and salvation and shares his glorious rule, from before beginnings and beyond endings. You can see my humble efforts to express that online...It was so easy to get caught up in the task of conveying it to people and to lose sight of the wonder and grace of it... But as I read the same bible reading as part of my daily devotions today I was blessed by the simple prayer that Whitney Kuniholm  finished his reflection with...

"Heavenly Father, I'm so thankful that you want me to know who you are. In spite of all my distractions, that's my heart desire."

No comments:

Post a Comment